Monday, June 26, 2006

How it all started...(Maggie's Version)

In July 2005, I was received an e-mail from match.com showing me my latest 'matches.' I was at work when I checked my email & showed my friend/coworker Stacy my newest possibilities. I asked her: "Which one should I email?" She promptly pointed to the picture of a guy with dark-rimmed glasses and exclaimed: "That one! He looks like a fun-time!!"
I laughed & clicked on hokiedean's (lol) profile. I read through it briefly & then Stacy & I checked out his pictures. There he was - standing in the middle of a river holding a massive fish. I just looked at Stacy - she laughed and I hit the contact button to send him an email.
This was the end of July.
Days went by - no answer from hokiedean. I thought: "Pfft - whatever buddy. You don't want to talk to me, at least send me the standard 'not-interested' email.
Then, on August 2nd (yes I remember the date - I save the email for goodness' sake), I got the email. Hokiedean apologized for not getting back to me sooner - he was in Alaska - and introduced himself as Corey.
After a few emails back & forth - discussing everything from salmon to hotdogs, movies & music - we arranged our first date. Sunday, August 14th - 3 days after my birthday.
We met at the Outback Steakhouse in Suffern as he was on his way home from a friend's in Albany.
It was an interesting first date - especially the friend of Stacy's at the bar who kept hitting on me right in front of Corey.
The date lasted a few beers & a few hours. We closed down Outback & continued our conversation on a bench outside. He walked me to my car and....yes...he kissed me goodnight. Blush....
The rest, as they say, is history.

One other funny story - doesn't really have to do with our first date, but sort of our second date.
Corey invited me to an all-you-can-drink fundraiser for a friend of his at a bar in Tribeca. I recruited Elena to accompany me and we trekked into the city. Of course, in true Maggie fashion, we were there early, so we sat at the bar & started to take advantage of the all-you-can-drinkage.
I sat with my back to the door and told Elena to look out for a tall guy with dark rimmed glasses.
About 15 minutes later Elena says: "I think he's here - and if its not him - you should be dating THIS guy!"
I turned around and sure enough - it was Corey.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww....

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home